This 6 layer beauty including "refried" black bean, protien crumbles, nacho "cheese", salsa, avocados, and a jalapeno topping is a must have at your next party. Vegan, vegetarians and meat eaters will agree it is mind blowing!
3 cups of prepared black beans (or 2 cans)
2 cups homemade salsa (see recipe below)
1 pack of Tofu beef crumbles
6 cloves of garlic chopped (that's right, your breath is going to be able to fend off all the vampires in the state!)
1 large red onion chopped
1 TLB chilli powder
1 TLB smoked paprika
3 TLB Nutritonal yeast
1 TLB Amino Acids
1 TLB cumin
1 cup vegan cheese crumbles
3 medium red potaoes chopped
2 whole carrots chopped
1 jalapeno chopped (de-seeded if spicy foods are not your friend)
dash of salt if needed
For Black Beans-
Whether or not they are homemade black beans or canned, rinse and save water. Place beans in blender with 1/4 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 TLB chilli powder, cumin, paprika and 1/2 of a lime juiced. Blend while adding the reserved water in gradually until smooth. Place on the bottom of a lightly oiled cake pan.
For the Protein Crumbles-
1. Heat a lightly-oiled skillet or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 chopped onion and 1 clove of garlic and ccok for 1 min.
2. Add tofu crumbles and cook for another 5 mins stirring often until there is a even golden brown glaze. Layer evenly on top of beans.
For the Nacho "Cheese"-
1. Steam potatoes and carrots until they are easy to poke with a fork. (save water)
2. Add potatoes, carrots, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/4 onion, nutritional yeast, amino acids, 1/2 TLB chilli powder, cumin, paprika and 1/2 of a lime juiced. Blend until smooth, you may need to add some of the water to help it blend.
3. Place "cheese" sauce in sauce pan over medium heat and slowly mix in vegan cheese crumbles until melted. Then layer over protein crumbles.
~Layer Salsa on top of Nacho "cheese"
For the Guacamole-
1. mix together avocados, remaning, lime juice, onion and garlic together and layer on top of salsa.
~Lastly layer sliced jalapeno on top and try not to dive in head first!
**Can be enjoyed with your favorite chips, fork, throw it in a bowl of lettuce and rice or wrap it in a whole grain tortilla with some spinach for a delicous meal :)**